It is the mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to enhance and facilitate the ability of faculty, staff, and students to develop and achieve their goals as teacher-scholars in research, education, and service delivery through successful competition for internal and external funding. The ORSP:
- Streamlines administrative processes and minimizes the administrative burden for investigators conducting sponsored programs by providing easily accessible and intuitive administrative information systems.
- Partners with the faculty to create a culture of high achievement and promote the teacher-scholar model.
- Creates and consistently implements well-documented procedures that facilitate the conduct of sponsored activities, while ensuring compliance with sponsor and university requirements.
- Ensures seamless research and scholarly activities administration from proposal development through timely award closeout.
- Provides effective stewardship of sponsor funds and promotes positive sponsor interactions.
- Provides college and department support staff with the necessary tools, resources, and training so that they can also enable investigators to successfully engage in scholarly activities.