Heealthcare Systems Information Resources
Exploring Other Nations' Healthcare Systems
- Health System Profiles: Be sure to select the most recent report available, but it may be interesting to compare it to earlier reports
- WHO Country Information: Great information resources are available for listed countries
- World Health Statistics Reports: Provides many comparative statistics and indicators regarding healthcare sytems
- Snapshots of Health Systems: Provides information on European Union Member States
- WHO Regional Publications : Explore these sites focused on certain regions
- African Region: Select the country
- Region of the Americas: Select the country to go to the Health in the America's document
- Southeast Asia Region: Select the country to see the Health System Profile
- European Region: Select the country
- Eastern Mediterranean Region
- Western Pacific Region: Select your country to see the available country information, and ideally the country profile.
- The Grass Is Not Always Greener : A Look at National Health Care Systems Around the World from the CATO Institute
- International Profiles of Health Care Systems 2012 , including Australia, Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States
- International Profiles of Health Care Systems 2011, including Australia, Canada, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and the U.S.
- Health Care System Profiles from The Commonwealth Fund, provides descriptions of several European health care systems
- Health Care Systems Around the World from the Insure the Uninsured Project, provides information on 10 different countries
- Healthcare System Overview for the U.K., Canada, France, Singapore, and Japan by Kaiser's Educational Division.
- List of Resources for information on Health Care Systems (scroll down) from Kaiser
- CIA World Factbook: Here you will find a lot of useful information on various countries. Use the pull-down menu that says Select a Country or Location
- Library of Congress Country Studies: When using this site be sure to click on the link that says Country Profile - Visit new updated profile, otherwise you may be looking at an older report
- The World almanac & book of facts (print book)
- World health systems : challenges and perspectives : Explores healthcare in 28 different countries
- ****Health Care Systems around the World (2013): Provides PDF Chapters that give broad coverage of health care systems of numerous countries.
- Health Care Reform Around the World
- The world health report 2008 : primary health care - now more than ever.: Try searching within the publication, as there are information boxes on various countries
- Public health at the crossroads : achievements and prospects: Significant coverage is available for the following (search within the publication): United Kingdom, Sweden, Japan, New Zealand, China, Cuba, Africa
- Good practice in health financing : lessons from reforms in low and middle-income countries : Reports on Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Sri Lanka, Estonia, Thailand, Tunisia, Vietnam, and the Kyrgyz Republic
- Global health care : issues and policies
- Comparative Health Systems: Global Perspectives: Offers information on the health systems of 17 different countries
Any more questions? Contact: Alison (Ali) Konieczny / Email / Phone: 231-591-3696 / Office: FLITE 315
Don't forget, you are welcome to come to the Oval Information Desk and ask for help any time. You can also call us 231-591-3602 or Click Here for Live Help Chat.