Multi-Cultural Book Titles (Juvenile Collection): Home
What books would you suggest adding to these lists?
Patricia Polacco lives in the Thumb area of Michigan.
Multi-Cultural Book Lists from FLITE Juvenile Collection
This guide pulls together multi-cultural material for children and young adults from the FLITE collection for course work and personal enjoyment. This list is not exhaustive. Refer to the Scholastic article: "How to Choose the Best Multi-Cultural Books".
Help for locating the books at FLITE:
- Juvenile Easy Fiction books are picture books, generally suited for younger children. They are shelved by author's last name.
- Juvenile Fiction books are titles written primarily for young adults, of middle school and high school age and are also shelved by author's last name.
- Juvenile Non-Fiction books are shelved by the A-Z classification number corresponding to the subject of the book: history, poetry, science, ABCs, etc.
Remember to check the Big Rapids Community Library catalog for books as well. Your student card allows you to check out books from the public library.
If you want books, the library catalog is the place to look. Type in your title, author, or keywords and find out what we've got!
(You can also access this from FLITE's homepage, on the Catalog tab of the center box.)
To specify multi-cultural books, follow these steps:
- Type your assigned culture into the Encore catalog search box: Asian (search Chinese, Japanese, and Korean as well), Hispanic, Jewish, Native American, African-American, etc.
- From your results page, scroll down the left column until you can select under "Search Found In" the word Subject for your term.
- From the resulting list, scroll down the left column and select under "Locations", the words FSU Juvenile 3rd Floor.